BEARD STYLES & GROOMING GUIDE
NO SHAVE NOVEMBER – Rules and Info
No Shave November – A Unique Way to Grow Cancer Awareness. Let it Grow and Join the Fight Against Cancer!
No Shave November 2015 is in full swing and so many gentlemen I know are already rocking cool beards right now – the likes of Mr. EndzMeg, Mr. N. Enyi, Mr. KevinNaty, Mr. DMoore, Mr. Aka Nt, President NM, Mr. Dodo, Mr. Bruno, Mr. JayIseghohi, Mr. Bishie, Mr. Kenny Hermit, Dr. Baruu, my friend Mr. Liyi Vic etc.
These gentlemen and many more have embarked on one month journey of NO SHAVING!! [Well, I’ve been on this journey for a couple of years now … 😉 ]. For many who have never attained to a full beard in the past, this is a good excuse to let the scruff begin without embarrassment.
So, what is No Shave November all about?
The official website for the cause reads: The goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free. Donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives, and aid those fighting the battle.
As you can see, No Shave November is not just about growing crazy facial hair. This is a month-long journey during which participants forgo shaving and grooming in order to evoke conversation and raise cancer awareness.
No Shave November has been around for 12 years, starting in 2003. At the time it wasn’t attached to men’s health, it was just a bit of fun with the mates, but now it has become one of the biggest yearly campaigns for awareness about men’s health issues.
In Nigeria today a number of men are taking the growing of a beard seriously, a thing of pride. They are referred to as The Beard Gang or The Beardy Bunch.
I am proud to be part of this movement – fully registered (as you can see below), I suggest you join in as well . Visit my No-Shave November page : HERE and let’s do this together – Let it Grow and Join the Fight Against Cancer!
MR KOBI’s NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PAGE Click to Donate as low as $10
So What Are The Rules And How Do I Participate In No Shave November?
The rules of No-Shave November are simple:
- Put down your razor for 30 days and let the beard growth begin and continue through this month of November.
- Donate your monthly hair and beard maintenance expenses to the cause, to donate you have to register
- Grooming and trimming are perfectly acceptable, but No Shaving!!!
- Go to https://www.no-shave.org/participate and click Sign Up to Register
- When registering you could register as an individual, join a team or create your own team.
- If you live in Lagos Nigeria like me, when registering join the team “NoShaveLagosMen”, To join this team click on this link https://www.no-shave.org/team/NoShaveLagosMen and click on “Join Team”
- Promote the cause on Social Media using the HashTag #NoShaveNovember and include #NoShaveLagosMen if you are a member of the team
- Be a gentleman at all times during the No-Shave November month.
- Finally, keep donating as much as you can and encourage more gentlemen to donate
Learn more about how you can get involved HERE and start growing your beards!
For most it is an opportunity to let yourself go for a cause and enjoy some camaraderie with other No-Shave November guys. For others it is a viable way to accomplish some good will and resources for what many feel is an under publicized area of medicine. Whatever your motivation for participating in No Shave November, let the facial hair games begin!
Are you going to participate in No Shave November this year? Will love to hear from you. For any questions on how you can be part of this movement, Contact Me using the contact form. Also follow me on social media, my personal handle is @kobimbagwu (INSTAGRAM) and @kobimbagwu (TWITTER).
Good Luck and Happy No-Shave November to you gents!
Yours in Style,
Kobi O. Mbagwu (Mr. Kobi)
Connect with me
Member, No-Shave November
Latest posts by Mr. Kobi (see all)
- 3 People You Shouldn’t Get Your Wedding Suit From - January 19, 2018
- 8 Stylish Hat Styles For Men and How To Wear Them - January 17, 2018
- The Top 30 Men’s Fashion and Style Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs - January 4, 2018