3 People You Shouldn’t Get Your Wedding Suit From
We all want our groom and groomsmen to show up with sartorial elegance on the wedding day. Therefore, you need to get your wedding suit from a professional who can elevate your look and that of your groomsmen and give you gents a suitably dapper and classic vibe for your big day.
→Mr. Charles (Client/Groom To Be): I am used to wearing relatively standard suits for work but for my wedding, I want something different and classy for me and my groomsmen.
→KOBI KOACHMAN: You are right, you need to look fantastic in a beautiful stylish tailor-made wedding suit.
Let’s start with a few questions … What is the color of the day? Have you and your fiancée decided on the wedding color combinations yet?
Where Do You Get Your Wedding Suit From?
A) Boutique Vendors
B) A Tailor
C) Fashion Designer
D) An Image Consultant who offers Wedding Styling Services
1: Boutique vendors
- They don’t really care if your choice of suit color will go well on your skin.
- They don’t care if it fits you perfectly like a stylish tailor-made wedding suit or tuxedo should.
- They are only concerned about selling to you and meeting their sales target.
- Most times if you get your wedding suit from a boutique vendor, it’s not going to be well-fitted. You would need to go to an Alteration tailor to fit and resize some parts of it if you really need your wedding suit to look different from the standard suits for work.
2. A Fashion Designer (a person who designs high-fashion clothing)
- He asks you what kind of suit you want – you tell him it’s for your wedding.
- He tells you that he has designed for Top Celebrities for their weddings and will do a great job for you.
- He then goes on ahead to design a beautiful purple Jacquard suit, so unique that it will make you stand out in a nice way but not just not what would coordinate well with the rest of the outfit your groomsmen would wear.
- He doesn’t care about the other accessories you should adorn yourself with such as the Boutonniere, Ties, pocket square and/or lapel flowers.
- He doesn’t have the knowledge of how you can work in the right colors into that beautiful suit, in order to elevate your look and that of your men.
3. A tailor (makes clothes to fit individual customers)
- He shows you the suit catalog.
- Without consideration on your personal style, the occasion or the color of the day, he goes on to ask you to choose a suit style from the catalog.
- What do you know about the right suit for a wedding? Nothing! So you choose a beautiful navy blue suit with notch lapel, two buttons, and patch pocket style which catches your eye first.
- Voila! You’ve gotten yourself a dapper suit – but not just what you can wear to your wedding.
4. A Menswear Image Consultant who offers Wedding Styling Services
He understands everything about Image, Style, and Etiquette and he has knowledge of clothing, menswear styling, tailoring, and fashion design. He is an all-rounder.
- He tells you the right suit type to choose, the right lapel and pocket style, the best suit style for your wedding and the best fabric to use based on your budget.
- He also asks you a few questions to understand your personal style, the color of the day and he incorporates that into the suit style and fit.
- He picks the right accessories for your wedding.
- He knows the right suit color once you’ve said you are considering a blue – he suggests Cobalt Blue or Royal Blue and explains why it is the right shade of blue for a wedding (which is a formal event).
- He puts all the elements into the tailoring of your suit, such as how the trouser should break, how the jacket should fit etc.
- You also learn from him how to button the suit correctly, what shirts, tie, and shoe color to go with the suit.
- He goes ahead to teach you the best man duties and your responsibilities.
- He also provides you with a coordinated checklist or items you need to check off your to-do list before the wedding day.
Overall: You have a perfect wedding suit, tailored to fit, in the right color and shape.
He then teaches you how to carry yourself well when you wear the suit at the wedding event as well as at the reception.
So we ask again: Where Do You Get Your Wedding Suit From? – A Boutique Vendor, Tailor, A Fashion Designer, or An Image Consultant?
Image Consulting is what KOBI KOACHMAN offers to her clients.
OUR SERVICE OFFERING
We are here to help you look uber classy all the time. If you want to hire us as your wedding stylist, please feel free to send us an email – email@example.com with the subject “Wedding Styling Service”.
We can step in and elevate your look and that of your groomsmen; give you gents a suitably dapper and classic vibe for your big day.
We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us on +234(0)7011961540, or simply use the contact form today – let’s get to know your specific requirements.
If you need a comprehensive list of responsibilities for the groom or the best man, we’ve covered it here already. Check it out below:
Let’s say you have 1 to 2 weeks to your big day and you still don’t have a coordinated checklist or items you need to check off your to-do list before the wedding day, then our Last-Minute Pre-Wedding Checklist is everything you’ll need.
Until next time, continue to do well, live well, and dress really well. Stay Classy, always!
Yours in Style,
Kobi O. Mbagwu (Mr. Kobi)
Connect with me
Latest posts by Mr. Kobi (see all)
- 11 Essentials and Must-Have Items Every Entrepreneur Should Own - February 7, 2018
- The 5 Most Common Grooming Mistakes Men Often Make - January 25, 2018
- 3 People You Shouldn’t Get Your Wedding Suit From - January 19, 2018