“Most classy men are stylish gentlemen, however not all stylish men are classy gentlemen” – Mr. Kobi
We’ve all been there before, for most of us, we experienced this many years ago before we became True Gentlemen. How did you handle this? Let’s see if you can remember.
You’ve just started talking to this girl, perhaps you’ve even been on a date with her, then another less attractive gentleman comes along and sweeps her off her feet – captures the heart of your lady.
You go back home, and start thinking of ways to win her back and raise her attraction level. The only idea that keeps popping into your head is “Buy Her Gifts!”, “Spoil Her With More Gifts!”
And what do you do? You hearken to this deceitful voice … You buy more gifts for her – red roses, perfumes, lingerie and you surprise her with her favorite Author’s novel e.g. Danielle Steel series etc.
She then (of course) accepts these gifts. But guess what, her attraction level to you doesn’t increase pass the 0 (zero) mark as it has always been. Unfortunately there is no physical knob that you are going turn to increase her attraction towards you. You’ve lost her forever!
“What did I do wrong?” you ask yourself … “I’m cute, tall and rich – What else does she want that I couldn’t give her”….
By the time you are thinking about all these – she is long gone!
9 Gentleman Traits that Women Love
I might not be able to tell you everything you did wrong…But I can certainly tell you how to make things right the next time. Let’s get into this shall we…
1. BE COMFORTABLE WITH BEING YOURSELF – HAVE A UNIQUE PERSONAL STYLE
• Women are hard-wired to fall for confident men. Men who are comfortable being themselves.
• From the way you dress to the way you carry yourself when you walk, sit and talk – you have to radiate confidence.
• Develop a confident personal style that matches with your goals and aspirations in life.
• Learn how to take care of yourself and dress for success each time.
Also Read: 4 Powerful Ways To Boost Your Confidence
2. BE CHARMING & EASY TO BE WITH – HAVE GOOD ETIQUETTE
• A true gentleman is a charming man with etiquette and morals and every woman wants to be with him.
• Be charming. Surprise her with gifts or throw her a surprise party if it’s her birthday.
• Once in a while, pay her a surprise visit at her place of work and take her out for lunch.
3. BE CHIVALROUS – CHIVALRY IS NEVER OUT OF STYLE
• Pull out her chair at the table, open and hold the door for her and let her enter first.
• When walking on a sidewalk, protect her by walking on the outside, closest to traffic.
• Hold and carry the bags. If she is cold, offer your jacket. When dropping her off, walk her to the door.
Also Read: 12 Ways To Be A Gentleman To Your Lady
4. BE FUN TO BE WITH. FLIRT OCCASIONALLY – USE HUMOR TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
• You should be able to make her smile with genuine pleasure.
• Be the perfect balance of a flirt and a respectful man.
• Know when to throw in a humorous comment.
5. BE NEAT – ALWAYS MAINTAIN A GOOD HYGIENE
• Always make it a point to groom yourself and maintain good personal hygiene.
• Shower at least twice daily, brushing your teeth in the morning and at night before going to bed, wearing a nice deodorant and cologne.
• Take proper care of your hands and always keep your fingernails trim and dirt free. Lastly, always keep your room, house and car neat and tidy.
Also Read: 5 Grooming Essentials Most Men Overlook
6. BE A GOOD LISTENER. DO NOT JUDGE HER
• You should spend more time listening than speaking. Listen actively and attentively, and women will trust you and always open up to you.
• Don’t be in a hurry to judge her or question her morals. Support her in whatever decision she makes.
7. NEVER FIGHT. BE COMPOSED. KEEP CALM. BE POLITE – RESPECT EVERYONE
• One of the traits of a true gentleman is patience. You should always be calm, thoughtful and calculated. Never lose your composure no matter what, even in the midst of argument or turmoil.
• You also have to be selfless, polite and kind to people, regardless of whether or not they are kind to you.
• Use words and phrases such as “Thank You”, “Please”, “Please, after you”, “Please, you go first”, “And how about you?”, “But if you’ll excuse me, I need to…” Also give compliments that encourage conversation.
Also Read: 7 Ways To Make A Great First Impression
8. BE AMBITIOUS, FOCUSED & SELF-DRIVEN – ABOVE ALL BE A LEADER
• When a woman is around you, she should completely be at ease, knowing she is with a leader.
• You have to be very self-driven and self-disciplined. Be hard working, passionate and diligent.
• You should never do what you believe to be wrong – have strong morals and always know your limit.
• Women prefer men who make the decisions. You shouldn’t allow your lady lead you.
9. GROW A BEARD, IF YOU CAN!
Yeah, I had to emphasize “if you can” in this one ‘cos truth be told, growing beards is not entirely about one’s personal choice, a lot of it has to do with genetics. So take this last point as the icing on the cake.
While some women find it attractive, some others consider it as a turn-off, but generally, women often find well-groomed, masculine characteristics attractive.
So, in addition to Points 1 – 8 mentioned above, grow a neat and well-groomed beard if you can.
• Having a beard gives a powerful statement: “I Am a Man! A Real Man!”.
• Beards make you look more manly, therefore growing a neat and well-groomed full beard or a good level of facial stubble signifies a complete alpha-male-status – something every true gentleman should have.
Also Read: How to Grow and Care for Your Beard
There you have it. Women love men who exhibit these gentleman traits. This in every lady’s subconscious mind is a qualifying factor when it comes to choosing her man. Therefore set this goal for yourself today to be the man your woman wants to be with. Commit to it until it becomes a lifestyle.
For ladies who are reading this, I have one question for you Does YOUR man pass the perfect gentleman test? If he doesn’t please share this article with him.
Please feel free to drop your comments below. Also join/follow us on any of the social media channels you frequently use as we continuously inspire you on how to do well, live well and dress very well.
Until next time gentlemen – Be a gentleman!
Yours in Style,
Kobi O. Mbagwu (Mr. Kobi)
Connect with me
Latest posts by Mr. Kobi (see all)
- 5 Ways You Can Improve Your Fitness in Less Than 20 Minutes - December 4, 2017
- END OF NO SHAVE NOVEMBER | WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - November 30, 2017
- 25 Ralph Lauren Quotes On Elegance, Timeless Style, and Success - November 22, 2017